Stellar coverage through top-rated carriers.

You'll like the way we think about insurance.

Auto Insurance

Homeowners Insurance

Cyber Insurance

Umbrella Liability Insurance

Watercraft Insurance

In-home Business Insurance

Valuable Articles Insurance

Why McGowan?

McGowan Insurance has developed strong and lasting relationships with many of America’s leading insurance companies. Our personal lines department will tailor an insurance program to meet individual needs and extensively market the program to secure truly comprehensive coverage at highly competitive premium levels.


We never share our clients’ information with anyone outside of our division.

Yes, we can!

We place difficult personal coverages that many insurance brokers may not be able to provide.

Frequently Asked Questions

Several factors go into determining premiums. The most significant factor is the replacement cost of the dwelling. The bigger the home, the bigger the premium. Other factors are the age of the dwelling & the age of the roof. One more to note would be the endorsements that are added to a home, such as; Backup of sewers and drains and Cyber protection.

A Dec page is essentially the condensed version of your policy. The Dec page lists the named insured, effective dates, coverages, and deductibles.

An Umbrella policy is a secondary layer of protection to your primary insurance policy liability coverage. In the event you are found liable, and the primary policy has exhausted the liability coverage, your umbrella policy can cover the additional amount up to $5 million for most standard carriers. It is important to let your agent know of all the policies that you may have to make sure they are added to the Umbrella.

Comprehensive coverage under an auto policy covers fire, theft, vandalism, falling objects, glass acts of nature, and animals. When you collide with another vehicle or object, that is considered collision coverage.

Most carriers will extend coverage to a rental vehicle. However, if you only have liability insurance, you must purchase physical damage coverage, comprehensive & collision for the rental car.

This is first-party coverage and most carriers that offer it include Cyber Crime, Data Recovery and System Restoration, Cyber Bullying, and Cyber Extortion.

Flood coverage is never covered under a home policy. Flood coverage is a separate policy written by the NFIP. Maintenance is also not covered by homeowner’s insurance. Pest infestations are also excluded from coverage. Most carriers will also exclude certain dog breeds from liability coverage.

There are several discounts available if you qualify. Multi-car, Multi-line (bundling), New car, Good driver, Good student (3.0 GPA or better), Students away at school (most carriers require over 100 miles from home without a car), and Paid in full.

Your auto policy will not cover you if you are using it for business, for example, Uber or Lyft. Some carriers offer a rider you can add that will add that coverage. Pet injury is not covered, but some carriers offer a rider that will add this coverage. Personal belongings that are in a car will not be covered. If your vehicle is stolen and you have items in the car, you will have to file a claim under the homeowners’ or renters’ policy for coverage.

Ohio State Law only requires you to have Bodily Injury Liability and Property Damage Liability. This covers the other person and property in the event of an accident, and it is your fault. In no-fault states such as New York, you are also required to purchase Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance. Some PIP coverages include medical bills, deductibles, and lost wages.

Yes! You can save money on both the home and the auto policy when you have them with the same carriers. It is also convenient because you only have to call one company for your insurance needs.