McGowan Amusement Group
The amusement industry of the 21st century is worlds away from the early days of carnivals and traveling shows—the rides are more thrilling and the lights more vibrant. And yet, there remains a common commitment to a safe, clean, memorable customer experience. Technology continues to advance, but the industry’s commitment to the patron has not changed.
At McGowan, we respect the traditions that form the foundation for today’s amusement industry. Our team is made up of the most experienced insurance professionals in the history of the business. We are passionate about protecting the interests of our clients, supporting them as they deliver on their commitment to the customer. As industry insiders, we’re not just suits with degrees. We climb under rides, build safety guidelines and wrench on go-karts—we deliver insurance and risk management programs with personal experience as our guide. Unlike other firms, we are in the amusement business.
Whether you have a traveling carnival, family entertainment center, arcade, amusement park, water park or skating center, McGowan understands your business. Just as you work each day to keep that decades-old commitment to your customers, we live every day as your partners in protecting fun.
The IAAPA Elite Insurance Program administered by The McGowan Amusement Group brings together the best in insurance, risk management training and safety consultation. Available ONLY to IAAPA members, this program was developed on a belief system that when used together; Education, Consultation and Insurance provide a platform for ensuring that IAAPA FEC members are the safest in the business.
- Access to over 15 safety training modules designed by industry experts specifically for the FEC industry.
- Self-assessments to help you measure your risk management programs and to identify where you may need help from the program.
- Competitive and comprehensive insurance coverages created with FEC’s in mind that address the true exposures members face in their operations.
- 24/7 access to submit claims, issue certificates of insurance and to obtain auto identification cards.
- Private access to quarterly webinars focused on today’s FEC challenges.
- Family Entertainment Centers
- Small Amusement Parks
- Water Parks
- Property, General Liability, Auto, Excess, Workers’ Compensation (including CA), & Inland Marine
- Sexual Abuse and Molestation Coverage
- Enhanced General Liability Endorsements
- Automatic Additional Insured Endorsement
- Liquor Liability
- Creative Deductible Options
- Advanced Loss Control
- Industry-Specific Safety and Operational Training
- Creative Deductible/SIR Programs Available
- Admitted A.M. Best “A” and “A+” Rated Insurance Carriers
- 24/7 Online Certificate of Insurance Access and Issuance
- 24/7 Claims Reporting
*Please contact Drew Tewksbury for Modules
Download Application: Family Entertainment Center Application
Contact: Drew Tewksbury or Ryan Gillenwater
What is an incident?
An incident is any event that has or may result in property damage or bodily injury. Not all incidents may result in an actual claim, however, all incidents should be reported to McGowan.
What do I need to do in the event of an incident?
All incidents need to be reported to McGowan as soon as practicable within 24 hours of the incident. Incidents should be reported using the McGowan Amusement Group Incident Reporting form found in this Claim Kit. Reports can be mailed, emailed firstname.lastname@example.org or sent via fax to 440-333-3214.
What will McGowan do with the incident reports you submit?
McGowan will review all incident reports and determine whether they warrant the initiation of an actual claim. If so, the report along with any other supporting documentation will be provided to the insurance carrier for formal claim management. Those incidents that do not warrant claim reporting will be filed as “Incident Only” events and kept in the McGowan Claim Unit and monitored for future development. McGowan will not initiate any claimant contact on “Incident Only” claims.
What constitutes a Claim Emergency?
Any incident resulting in:
- Head Trauma
- Severe Burns
- Rape/Sexual Assault
- Injuries involving multiple parties in the same accident
- Significant property damage
- Medical transport of injured party
How to contact McGowan Claims
You can contact the McGowan Amusement Group Claim Unit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 440-895-3636. You can also reach the Claim Unit via email at email@example.com. Your Producer or Account Manager is also available to assist you in a claim emergency 24/7 should you need them.
If you have any questions or concerns about a claim or our claim service please contact:
President and CEO
Direct Phone 440-895-4302